Transport: How to reach Nantes
With 15 departures per day, Nantes is approximately 2 hours from Paris on the TGV high-speed train. The Nantes Atlantique international airport is located 15 minutes from downtown and the TGV connection to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris (3h15) makes coming here all the easier!
Reach the city centre in 20 minutes with the airport shuttle (possible stops: Neustrie, SNCF train station, Le lieu unique/Cité des Congrès, Downtown/Centre ville/Commerce).
Another possibility is the airport shuttle to Neustrie (free), then the tramway (line 3) to the city centre (Ticket Tram, also included in the Pass Nantes, available for purchase at the airport).
A selection of the airlines flying directly from:
The United Kingdom
London Gatwick (1h10).
London Heathrow (1h10)
London Luton (1h10)
Nantes has direct rail connections to all the major French cities:
- 2 hours from Paris Montparnasse
- 23 daily TGV connections between Paris and Nantes
- 3 hours from Paris Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle airport with 4 daily TGV connections
The TGV railway station is located at the very heart of the city, opposite La Cité (South exit).
The Nantes region is served by an extensive motorway network with easy access to:
- The East: Paris on the A11
- The South: Bordeaux and Toulouse on the A83
- The West: Brest on the N165 / E60
- The North: Rennes on the N137